Administrators with the required permissions can create an automated birthday card, invite all or a select group of coworkers to sign, and send the card to employees with upcoming birthdays.
Note: If an employee chooses to not display their birthday to coworkers, admins will not have the option to send them a birthday card. Birthday cards will appear the week of the birthday. Once a card has been sent, it can't be deleted or edited.
Send a birthday card or view upcoming birthdays
- Navigate to your Home page.
- Scroll to the 'Celebrations' headline on the right hand side of your Home page.
- View upcoming birthdays.
- Note: The Celebrations headline will only appear if there's an event within the next 30 days, and if you have the appropriate permissions to send cards.
- Click Send a Card.
- Confirm the recipient.
- Edit the Header text.
- Choose the delivery date.
- This will default to the employee’s actual birthday.
- Choose which employees will be invited to sign the card.
Important: This will default to all employees. Click edit to customize the list. Employees will not be able to edit their notes after they submit them.
- Individuals must be W-2 employees with email addresses listed in their Gusto account.
- If you'd like to sign the card, make sure to include yourself on the list.
- Your team will receive the card a week before it's delivery date.
- Choose the birthday card background.
- Click Create Card.
The card will be created and emailed to the employees selected for signing. On the delivery date, the recipient will receive an email from Gusto inviting them to view the card.
You can also add employee birthday reminders to your work calendar.