If you do not see the option to track your hours or have the Time tracking section, please reach out to your Gusto administrator to enable this feature.
Note: This feature is not available on the contractor only plan.
If you are a payroll admin, head to this article to learn how to set up time tracking for your employees and contractors.
- Go to the Time tracking section on the left-hand side of your account.
- Select a date range from the drop-down in the top-right corner of the page.
- To clock in and out, hover over the Hours column and click +Add hours or edit if you’ve already entered hours worked.
- If you’re unable to edit or add hours, the company has already submitted a payment for that date range. In this case, you'll need to reach out to your payroll admin for further assistance.
- Select your clock in and clock out time period(s) for the day and if you took a break.
- You’ll also have the opportunity to enter a note.
- Click Submit.
To view the hours you've submitted, head to the Time tracking section of your account. Change the pay period in the top right corner if needed.