Shopify is an e-commerce company that helps merchants sell products online through their e-commerce platform and through physical locations with a point of sale system.
Gusto integrates with Shopify to streamline the payroll process by syncing users from Shopify to Gusto.
- Please note: the integration does not sync time worked or earnings (i.e. regular pay, commission, trips, etc). If you'd like to sync them, you can integrate with one of our time tracking partners found here (in addition to Shopify).
Customers who join Gusto from Shopify will receive Gusto free for their first 3 months.
Connect to Gusto from Shopify
- Visit the Shopify App Marketplace.
- Search for "Gusto" in the search bar.
- Select to Add app.
- Follow the instructions to confirm your setup information.
- Select whether you’d like to:
- Sign in to your existing Gusto account
- Once you've authorized Gusto, go the People section and select Team members. > click the Employee tab > and click the Shopify alert to begin the initial sync of employees. After that time, we'll sync your Shopify information to Gusto once a day.
- Create a new Gusto account
- New Shopify customers get a 3-month free trial of Gusto payroll services.
- If you created a new Gusto account, you’ll need to begin the onboarding steps.
- In step 2 of onboarding, ”‘Add Employees,” you’ll see an alert prompting you to connect your Shopify account in the Integrations section of Gusto.
- Click the alert to begin the authorization process for Shopify.
- Enter your Shopify login credentials.
- You’ll be redirected back to the Gusto employee setup.
- The "Add Employees" step in Gusto should now be populated with employees from Shopify.
- Once connected, the Shopify integration will show as “Connected” in the App Directory section of your Gusto account.
Troubleshooting connection issues
If you don't see your Shopify employees as expected, disconnect the integration and then set it up again. To do so:
- Go to the App directory.
- Search for Shopify.
- Click Shopify.
- Click Disconnect
- Now, click Connect to reconnect to Shopify.
Syncing Shopify users to Gusto
Employees in your Shopify POS will automatically sync to the People section of your Gusto account.
- If you’ve created a new user in Shopify we'll create a Gusto profile for them at the next sync and you or the employee will need to complete their onboarding in Gusto.
- The sync occurs once a day.
Keep in mind: because the flow of information is one-way, from Shopify to Gusto, a new user entered in Gusto will not automatically create a user in Shopify.
Still need help?
- Visit Shopify’s help center.
- If you can’t find your answer, scroll to the bottom of the page to the “Ongoing support” headline.
- Fill out the linked form to contact Shopify.