Checkeeper is an online check registry that makes one-click check mailing easy. Print your payroll checks on virtually any check stock and in any format you wish, or have Checkeeper mail checks for you with the click of a button.
Gusto integrates with Checkeeper by pulling your approved payroll checks directly to your Checkeeper registry for easy printing or mailing.
Customers who join Gusto from Checkeeper will receive Gusto free for their first 3 months.
Connect to Gusto from Checkeeper
Sign in to Checkeeper.
- Click the Addons tab at the top of the page.
- Click Add Gusto in the Gusto tile. If you aren't a Gusto customer yet, click Create Gusto Account.
- After you've been redirected to the Gusto website, sign in with your Gusto credentials.
- Select the companies you'd like to create a connection for.
- Click Authorize.
- You'll be taken back to the Checkeeper website.
- Click Connect this Company to complete the setup.
If the connection was successful, the Gusto Addons listing will now give you the option to remove the Add On connection by clicking Delete Gusto.
Import payroll checks from Gusto to Checkeeper
Run payroll in Gusto.
Sign in to Checkeeper.
- Click the Registry tab.
- Click the Import Gusto Payrolls button on the top right of the page.
- This will list all new payrolls by pay period, as well as payrolls past where checks have not yet been printed. Only the past 30 days of pay periods are shown.
- Click Import Checks next to the payroll you'd like to import checks for.
- Inside the Registry, the checks have now been created.
- Click on a check item to review all earnings, deductions, etc.
- Click Print Check - imported Gusto payroll checks include full pay-stub information.
- This will default to using a custom Gusto-branded template which is automatically assigned to your "payroll" checks. A business may use one style template for paying vendors and bills, and another template for paying employees.
- Click Mail Check Now to have Checkeeper mail your checks for you.
Customizing your print template
Templates control the positioning of all check-elements and tell your printer exactly where to put check information on the page. If you need help with setting up a custom template (rather than the Gusto Payroll template), contact Checkeeper support at: [email protected].
To add paystub details to an existing template (not the Gusto Payroll default), just drag and drop the "Paystub" element onto your template and position it where you want it to print. Keep in mind, paystubs can be lengthy so be sure to leave enough room.
"Gusto connect lost," or "invalid grant error 0"
Disconnect and reconnect to Gusto under the Addons tab. No information is deleted from Checkeeper or Gusto so you can feel safe performing this action at any time.
Payroll checks saved to the wrong template
- Select a default template from the Addons tab.
- Imported checks can be edited and the template can be changed.
- Delete the imported checks and try importing again once a default template is selected.
Checks do not have a paystub
Edit your template and drag and drop the"Paystub" element where you want it to print.
Need more help?
Contact Checkeeper directly at [email protected] or start a live chat on Checkeeper's website.