Synder is a smart finance management tool for online businesses. With Synder, you can receive credit card payments online and automatically record transactions from Stripe and other online payment processors in QuickBooks Online or Xero.
The Synder < > Gusto integration allows you to sync Gusto employees to your accounting software (QuickBooks Online or Xero).
Customers who join Gusto from Synder will receive Gusto free for their first 3 months.
Connect Gusto to Synder (and your linked accounting software)
Sign in to Synder.
- If not yet connected, connect your accounting system–this must be done before using the “Payroll” feature. To do so:
- Click the + in the top right corner of Synder.
- Click Connect to QuickBooks or Connect to Xero.
- Select the company you’d like to sync to the accounting software from the dropdown.
- Click Next.
- Click Connect.
- Click the Payroll tab in the left menu.
- Click Connect Gusto to connect a pre-existing Gusto account.
- Click Sign up for Gusto to create your account and get your first three months free.
- Enter your Gusto credentials and click Authorize.
You’ll be able to see the list of your Gusto and QuickBooks Online or Xero employees once redirected back to Synder.
Map employees from Gusto to your accounting software
- Go to your Payroll tab on the left menu.
- From your company, review the current list of employees in your accounting software in the left column, and the list of current employees in Gusto in the right column.
- Select one of the possible options for each employee, in each column–Synder can sync information both ways:
- Add to the system
- Ignore in the system
- Map to an already existing employee
- Click Save to sync.
- Information that will sync: first name, last name, and email.
- Complete any remaining onboarding steps in the applicable software to fully set up employee profiles.
- In Gusto, Click the People section, select Team members, and toggle to the Onboarding team members tab to complete onboarding.
To disconnect Synder from Gusto, click the Disconnect option at the top of the Payroll page.
Error messages and resolutions
- ‘There are no employees in your current payroll company.’
- Create at least one employee in your Gusto company and repeat the action.
- ‘There are no employees in your current accounting company.’
- Create at least one employee in your QuickBooks/Xero company and repeat your action.
- ‘If you have already linked the company, please reload the page or reconnect the company.’
- If the problem persists contact the Synder support team.
Q: What happens if an employee was previously synced, and then their name was updated in the accounting software or Gusto?
A: Under connected employees in Synder, you’ll see multiple entries, one with the old name, and another with the new name. You’ll need to manually edit the information in the system that needs updating. If this has occurred, enabling automatic sync could result in unwanted changes.
Q: Do I need to integrate directly from Gusto to my accounting software, in addition to integrating with Synder?
A: Synder will only sync first name, last name, and email between systems. If you’d like to use Gusto’s direct accounting integration with either QuickBooks Online or Xero, learn more in the linked articles.
Still need help?
Contact Synder directly by:
- Chat- open the Synder app and chat live.
- Email - [email protected]
- Phone - (469) 429-7891.