Workyard has everything you need to manage your construction crew–track time, site visits, and location, all while seeing your labor costs for each job in real time. For a full list of features offered, visit Workyard’s website.
Gusto integrates with Workyard to simplify payroll processing by automatically syncing employees between the systems and importing time entries from Workyard to Gusto. Currently not supported at this time: additional earnings (e.g. commissions, bonuses, tips), vacation hours, sick hours, and holiday hours.
Customers who join Gusto from Workyard will receive Gusto payroll free for their first 3 months.
Set up the Gusto and Workyard integration
If you haven’t already, make sure you’ve set up a Workyard account before proceeding. If you’re setting up a new Workyard account, you can skip to step 3 once you’ve reached the Team Members section of onboarding.
Sign in to Workyard.
- Click the icon of a person from the left-menu to view your Team Members.
- Click Import at the top of the page.
- Click Connect Now in the Gusto tile.
- You’ll be redirected back to Gusto.
- Enter your Gusto sign-in credentials and click Sign In.
- If already signed in, proceed to next step.
- Select the account(s) you’d like to authorize, and click Authorize.
- You’ll be redirected back to Workyard.
- In Workyard, select which Gusto company you’d like to pull employee information from (and push time to).
- Click Submit.
- Once the employees have imported, you’ll have three options in the first column titled “Employees” – select one for each person:
Create: This creates a new employee in Workyard. You’ll be asked to fill in Workyard-specific information for newly created accounts (ie. role, time approver, etc)
Map: Map the Gusto employee to a pre-existing Workyard account.
- Do not import
- If applicable, enter the additional information requested in the “Employee Details” section. Gusto will automatically push the following information to Workyard:
- Employee name
- Job title
- Pay type
- Pay rate
- Exemption status
- Click Next to complete additional fields.
- Click Import.
Export timecards to Gusto
- In Workyard, click the Timecard icon from the left-menu.
- Click Add Time Card at the top of the page.
- There are various ways to do this in Workyard.
- Fill in the form details.
- Click Add Time Entry.
- Click the Timecard icon from the left-menu again to view the new entry.
- Regular, overtime, and double overtime hours will push to Gusto (aggregate totals for each).
- Click Export time.
- Review the pay period and summary of hours.
- Click Export Time.
- All time cards from the pay period will be changed to a processed status after the export. This will restrict time approvers and workers from editing time after the export. Administrators can still add or edit time cards in a processed status.
- Click Continue.
- Select Connect in the Gusto tile to export to Gusto.
A confirmation page will appear with the export’s status. You can also verify that time was sent from your Gusto account: click the Payroll section and select Run payroll. Select the applicable pay period to view the time sent.
Troubleshooting export issues
Mismatched pay periods
If a pay period in Workday does not match the pay period in Gusto, the export will fail. Confirm the pay period from Workday matches the pay period in Gusto.
If they don’t match and you need to update your pay period in Workyard, you’ll need to contact Workyard support.
Employee or job doesn’t exist in Gusto
As part of the export process, you should have the ability to map Workyard employees to a corresponding Gusto employee as well as select the applicable Gusto job for an employee.
If for any reason that is not the case, you’ll need to contact Workyard support.
Still need help?
Contact Workyard directly at [email protected], (650) 332-8623, or open the Workyard app and chat live.