AccountingSuite™ is a cloud-based customizable accounting, order management and inventory software for small to medium sized businesses. AccountingSuite™ helps you make smarter decisions faster by providing convenient access to your critical business data from anywhere at any time.
Gusto integrates with AccountingSuite™ to help streamline the creation of payroll journal entries by pushing your payroll information directly to AccountingSuite.
Customers who join Gusto from AccountingSuite™ will receive payroll free for their first 3 months.
Set up the integration
Sign in to AccountingSuite™.
- Click Admin panel from the left-menu.
- Click Integrations.
- Click Gusto.
- If you’re already using Gusto, click Log in to Gusto. For new users, click Create a Gusto account.
- If you selected to create an account: click Show me how in the prompt, enter some basic information, and then click Get started. Select the email you’d like to use for the Gusto setup, then wait for a Gusto email with next steps for onboarding.
- Enter your Gusto sign-in credentials and click Sign in.
- Select which company(ies) you’d like to authorize.
- Click Authorize.
- Click Close Window on the confirmation screen.
- You’ll be redirected back to the AccountingSuite™ integrations page.
- Next, configure the settings by clicking the Open Gusto Payroll link.
- If you have multiple companies authorized, choose which to use, otherwise proceed to the next step.
- Enter the “Payroll start date”–this should be the beginning date (first day) of the oldest payroll period you’d like to sync.
- The sync will bring in all payrolls that have processed since the date you entered. You’ll then you’ll be able to import or dismiss them.
- Click Proceed.
- On this page, you can Import or Dismiss the past payroll(s), but you’ll want to set up mappings before importing any payrolls.
- In the “Available Payruns for Import” banner, click Settings.
- Map all the Gusto inputs with AccountingSuite™ accounts. Use the basic, advanced, and all tabs to get more granular with your mappings.
- Type in the code or description to map.
- If you have departments in Gusto enabled, use the Department Mappings tab to map those to an AccountingSuite™ class.
- When you’re done, click Save.
Sync payrolls from Gusto to AccountingSuite™
- On the Gusto Payroll page, click Import next to a payroll you want to sync. The sync won’t occur until you’ve reviewed and approved the information.
- You can also Dismiss a payroll you don’t want to import. If you change your mind later, you can import it still from the Show History section.
- Pro tip: right-click in the “Num Employees” column, select to Show in Gusto, and you can review the payroll information directly in Gusto.
- Review the employee summary, what gets taxed and debited, and other payroll details.
- Right-click on the employee name to be taken to Gusto for additional information.
- If everything looks good, click Next.
- Review the journal entry breakdown.
- Click Import.
- You’ll be taken to the journal entry that will be created. You can always manually edit the entry details. It should include:
- Total debits for regular wages (per department/class)
- Total debits for employer taxes (per department/class)
- Total debits for amounts withheld but not paid to Gusto (per department/class, ie. benefit premiums, garnishments, etc)
- Employee check amount credits (per employee)
- Total amount credited to your payroll clearing account
- Click Save and close.
If you can’t find the payroll you’d like to sync, click the purple sync icon to bring in additional payrolls that may have run.
More integration details
Check out AccountingSuite’s™ help documentation for for walkthrough screenshots, a full list of information that does and does not sync, and other helpful resources.
Contact AccountingSuite directly by: