Change your pay schedule
Change your pay schedule with Gusto at any time. We support weekly, biweekly, semimonthly, and monthly schedules. Check out this guide to learn more about your options.
- Click the Company Details tab.
- Next to the Pay Schedule section, click Edit.
- Select your new pay frequency.
- Select the day of your new first check date.
- Select the work period for your check date. You can customize this pay period by selecting the drop down next to For Work Done and choosing Other.
- Click Preview Next Company Paydays before saving to see a snapshot of your pay schedule in the future. Gusto will automatically generate a Transition Payroll for any gap in the pay periods between the old and new pay schedule.
- Once you have your preferred schedule setup, click Save.
- If a Transition Payroll is generated on your Dashboard, this must be processed or skipped before the next regular payroll can be run. See more about Transition Payrolls below.
Note: If you want to set up multiple pay schedules, you can add the second pay schedule after the first one has been set up.
These will appear as a to-do item on your Dashboard after an admin has changed the pay schedule.
- It follows the same default settings and tax calculations as a Regular Payroll on the new schedule.
- It automatically pro-rates for actual days worked for salaried employees.
- Check dates and other advanced settings can be updated if needed.
- Must be run before running your next regular payroll.
- If AutoPilot is on, it will not automatically run the next Regular Payroll until an admin manually runs the Transition Payroll.
- You can skip the Transition Payroll for one or all employees by following the directions following the directions here.