Change your pay schedule
Change your pay schedule with Gusto at any time. We support weekly, biweekly, semi-monthly, and monthly schedules. Check out this guide to learn more about your options.
- Click the Company Details tab.
- Next to the Pay Schedule section, click Edit.
- Select your new pay frequency.
- Select the day of your new first check date.
- Select the work period for your check date. You can customize this pay period by selecting the drop down next to For Work Done and choosing Other.
- Click Preview Next Company Paydays before saving to see a snapshot of your pay schedule in the future. Gusto will automatically generate a Transition Payroll for any gap in the pay periods between the old and new pay schedule.
- Once you have your preferred schedule setup, click Save.
- If a Transition Payroll is generated on your Dashboard, this must be processed or skipped before the next regular payroll can be run. See more about Transition Payrolls below.
Note: If you want to set up multiple pay schedules, you can add the second pay schedule after the first one has been set up.
These will appear as a to-do item on your Dashboard after an admin has changed the pay schedule.
- It follows the same default settings and tax calculations as a Regular Payroll on the new schedule.
- It automatically pro-rates for actual days worked for salaried employees.
- Check dates and other advanced settings can be updated if needed.
- Must be run before running your next regular payroll.
- If AutoPilot is on, it will not automatically run the next Regular Payroll until an admin manually runs the Transition Payroll.
- You can skip the Transition Payroll for one or all employees by following the directions following the directions here.