How do I hire a vendor for my office?
Sink in your office broken? Desks that need assembling piling up? Want to start catering lunch? It might be time to hire a vendor for your office. The process can seem daunting at first, but with the tips below you will look like a pro:
- Do your research. Read as many reviews of your potential vendor as you can, and see what other people have to say about their service and cost. Ask for references from companies that are similar to yours.
- Compare prices. Find a few possible vendors and get cost estimates from all of them to compare your options. Make sure the vendor has been to your office so they can give you a realistic estimate for the scope of the work.
- Ask for free trials. This is a great way to get a taste of the service without committing to a contract or fees.
- Set a lower budget than you think you need. This way you have room to negotiate. And if you are forced to go over it to get the service you need, the sting to your wallet is minimized.
- Lay out expectations with your vendor in writing. It’s a good idea to start an email thread to capture all of your conversations. That way, if you’re unsure of something in the future, you always have a reference.