Manage pending paid time off requests after running payroll
If you’ve already processed payroll and have a pending PTO request for the same work period you can still record it or decline it.
If you manually added time off hours when running payroll that covered a PTO request not yet approved, decline the time off request since you already incorporated these hours. No further action is needed.
If you still need to approve the time off request and record the PTO you can do so using an off-cycle payroll.
- Click People.
- Select the employee.
- Click Run off-cycle payroll.
- Click Advanced Settings.
- Select Yes, let me select a date range under Work Period.
- Enter the PTO date range as the work period.
- The requested time off hours will autofill on the "Vacation & Sick Days" page of the off-cycle payroll. This will also automatically recalculate the employee's remaining time off balance once the payroll is submitted.
Once processed, a paystub will be generated for the PTO.
- Hourly employees will see wages paid for the PTO processed.
- Salaried employees will not see additional pay as a result of this off-cycle; they should have been paid in full on the original payroll run.