Activate two-factor authentication
Add an extra layer of security to your account by enabling two-factor authentication. Using two-factor authentication reduces the chances of having your account accessed by anyone else as they would need to have your Gusto login email, password, and phone number.
- Sign in to your Gusto account.
- Click your profile name that appears on the upper-right corner.
- Select Account Preferences.
- Next to Two-Factor Authentication, Click Activate for Stronger Security.
- Select if you want to receive your code via time-based one time password app or via SMS.
- If you select via app:
- Scan the barcode using your app of choice (some examples are DUO or Google Authenticator).
- Enter your mobile phone number and click Send Confirmation Code.
Note: If you have two-step authentication enabled and lose access to your phone number, please call us at (800) 936-0383 and ask to speak with our Assurance team so they may assist with accessing your account.