Reasons for running an off-cycle payroll
Off-cycle payrolls are available if you need to pay your team outside of the regular payroll schedule.
Here are some examples of why you would want to run an off-cycle payroll:
- An employee needs to be paid before the next regular pay day.
- An employee is given extra compensation outside of regular payroll.
- You are paying a dismissed employee through direct deposit outside of regular payroll.
- You are paying severance to a previously dismissed employee.
- You are fixing errors from a previous payroll.