Request paid time off
Request paid time off directly from your Gusto employee account.
- If your administrator has made this feature available to you, navigate to the Time Off tab.
- Click Manage Requests from your Time Off policy.
- Click Request Time Off/Sick Time.
- Select the day(s) for your requested time off.
- Full Days: 8 hours will be submitted for each business day (does not include weekends).
- Partial Days: A default amount of 8 hours will be entered for each date. Update this number as needed.
- Paid Holidays: As designated by your employer.
- If you select a single date, a default amount of 8 hours will be entered. Update this number as needed.
Questions and Answers
Q: What types of time off can I request?
A: You can request paid time off if a policy has been set up through Gusto by your payroll administrator. Salaried employees can request time off for dates in any future or past payrolls.
Q: What are "paid" hours?
A: You can request time off that spans over multiple pay periods. Once a payroll has been run for one of these pay periods, the time off request will show those processed time off hours as paid.