Run a bonus payroll
Reward your employees for their hard work by running a bonus payroll.
Bonus payrolls have all taxes withheld regularly, except for income tax, which will use the supplemental withholding rate of 22%. Any benefit deductions and contributions made in regular payrolls won’t be included, except for Guideline 401(k) plans.
- Click the Run Payroll tab.
- Click Run bonus.
- Select the check date.
- Click Advanced Settings if you are adjusting the default payroll settings for this bonus payroll.
- Next to the employee, click Enter Payment.
- Enter the bonus amount.
- Adjust the payment method to check or direct deposit if needed.
- Click Save & Continue.
- Review the wages and taxes we will be debiting.
- If you need to make adjustments, click Go Back.
- If you are ready to process, click Submit Payroll.
Note: If you have an integrated 401(k) plan with our partner Guideline those deductions and contributions must be made with all payrolls, including bonuses. If you enter the net pay, the gross amount we calculate will include the 401(k) deductions and contributions.
Do you want to run a payroll off your regular schedule using the same withholding rates, deductions, and contributions made in regular payrolls? Process an off-cycle payroll instead.