Add a historical contractor payment
If you paid a contractor outside of Gusto, add this payment to your account. We want to make sure all contractor payments are recorded when we generate their 1099 forms at year end.
- Click the Pay Contractors tab.
- Click the pay date and select the actual date you paid your contractor.
- Under Payment, click the contractor's payment method (Check or Direct Deposit) until it updates to Historical Payment.
- Enter the number of worked hours, wages, or other additional earnings that were paid.
- Click Memo to leave a small message on your contractor's payment.
- Click Save & Continue.
- Double-check the total amount and click Submit Payment.
This payment will be added for reporting purposes only.