Add a historical contractor payment
If you paid a contractor outside of Gusto, add this payment to your account. We want to make sure all contractor payments are recorded when we generate their 1099 forms at year end.
First, add the contractor in Gusto, then follow the steps below.
- Click the Pay Contractors tab.
- Click the pay date and select the actual date you paid your contractor.
- Under Payment, click the contractor's payment method (Check or Direct Deposit) until it updates to Historical Payment.
- Enter the number of worked hours, wages, or other additional earnings that were paid.
- Click Memo to leave a small message on your contractor's payment.
- Click Save & Continue.
- Double-check the total amount and click Submit Payment.
- This payment will be added for reporting purposes only.