Distribute W-2 forms to your employees
Gusto is a paperless company, and therefore does not offer a service to print and mail W-2 forms. Below are several different methods on how you can distribute W-2s to your employees. We highly recommend double-checking the information before distributing.
Note: Employees must consent to receiving W-2s electronically instead of a paper copy. If an employee prefers to receive the W-2 on paper, he/she has the right to request that from the company. If this is the case, refer to methods 2 or 3 for distribution.
Method 1: Enable your employees online access to their Gusto accounts so that they can obtain their W-2 forms electronically. These forms will be available to them in mid-January.
Method 2: Download individual W-2s, and distribute them to specific employees:
- Click the People tab.
- Click your employee's name.
- Navigate to the Documents tab.
- Under Employment Documents, click W-2: Wages and Tax Statement for the applicable year. This will be available for you in early January.
- Download this form and distribute the W-2 to your employee.
Method 3: Print the entire W-2 PDF bundle, and distribute them to all employees:
- Click the Documents tab.
- Navigate to the Company tab.
- Click W-2: Wages and Tax Statement for the applicable year. This will be available for you in early January.
- Download, print, and distribute the W-2s to your employees.