Get started: Add federal tax details
As a full service payroll provider, Gusto takes care of your employer federal tax returns. In order to do this, we need to know your Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) and company type.
- Click the Get Started tab.
- Click Step 3: Federal Taxes.
- Next to Federal Tax Setup, click Edit.
- Enter your FEIN and company type.
- Click Save.
- Click back to the Get Started tab to continue with setup.
What's next? Add your state registration account numbers to Gusto.
Note: We will default your account to a semiweekly deposit schedule and 941 form filing. If you would like to change these settings, you may do so from the Company Details tab after your account has been set up.