Run Payroll on AutoPilot®
AutoPilot is a feature that allows you to process your payroll automatically without logging into Gusto. You can eliminate the time it takes to pay your employees by using Payroll on AutoPilot.
Enable AutoPilot with a single pay schedule
- Make sure your workers have the following settings:
- All workers are set up with direct deposit payments.
- For hourly employees, include default hours set per pay period.
- Click the Settings tab.
- Next to Payroll on AutoPilot, click Edit.
- Click Enabled.
- Click Save.
Your payroll will automatically process each pay period 1 day before the deadline. Once payroll is processed, you'll receive an email notification. You'll also be reminded that you have 24 hours to make changes to your payroll or cancel it if needed. Once you make the changes, click Save Changes for Later and your changes will apply to the next payroll.
Enable AutoPilot with multiple pay schedules
After you have enabled multiple pay schedules, do the following:
- Click on the Settings tab
- Under the "Toppings" section, click Edit for the "Payroll on AutoPilot" setting
- Click Enabled
- Click which payroll schedule should have AutoPilot enabled:
- Both Salaried and Hourly employees
- Just Salaried employees
- Just Hourly employees
Note: If your account is already on AutoPilot and you add a new pay schedule, only the first pay schedule will remain on AutoPilot. The newly added pay schedule will not automatically have AutoPilot turned on. Update the AutoPilot settings to Both Salaried and Hourly employees as instructed above in order to turn this on for both payroll schedules.
Q: Can AutoPilot be set up for contractors?
A: AutoPilot cannot be set up for contractor payments since these types of payments are not usually on a regular schedule. If you want to set up payments in advance, you can set up multiple contractor payments with check dates in the future. See our article on paying contractors for more information.
Q: When is AutoPilot disabled?
A: You can disable AutoPilot at anytime by going back to the Settings tab, and clicking Disable Payroll on AutoPilot. Please also take note of the following actions that can disable AutoPilot:
- Employee changes their payment method from Direct Deposit to Check
- A new employee is added to the account with either a Check payment method and/or no set default hours for hourly workers
- Company changes that result in signing new forms, and/or completing state tax setup items. Check the Dashboard for these notifications!
- If you are using multiple pay schedules and an employee setting is changed that disables AutoPilot, this will affect everyone on that same pay schedule but not affect the other pay schedule. For example, if an hourly employee disables AutoPilot (has a Check payment method or is set with no default hours), AutoPilot will be disabled for the all hourly employees on this same pay schedule. However, the salaried employees on the other pay schedule will not be affected and will remain on AutoPilot.
- Once AutoPilot is disabled, you will receive an automated email notifying you of this change.