Update your SUI rate
At the end of the year, state agencies send out new State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) rates for the upcoming year. If you receive an updated rate you must enter it into your Gusto account using the following steps.
- Click the Company Details tab.
- Under State Tax Setup, click Edit.
- Next to SUI Rate, enter the updated rate.
- Next to Effective Date, select the starting date for the new rate.
- Click Save.
- We will start deducting the amount of SUI owed with the new rate on the day of the selected effective date.
Note: If you've entered the wrong SUI rate, please update this in your Gusto account as soon as possible. Before the end of the quarter, we will debit for any underpaid SUI tax amounts for payrolls run in the same quarter. The option to update your rate will only be available in states where you currently have active employees.