Add a garnishment or other deduction
You can deduct an amount from your employee's paycheck to account for a wage garnishment or other debt. This money will stay in your company bank account, and if you have been ordered to remit it to any agencies, that will be your responsibility.
- Click the Employees tab.
- Click your employee's name.
- Click Add Deduction.
- Select if this is a garnishment or other type of deduction.
- Provide a description for this deduction, which will appear in the employee's paystub.
- Select if this a recurring or one-time deduction.
- Enter the deduction amount for each payroll:
- Dollar amount per pay period
- Percentage of disposable income, in which you can also add a maximum dollar amount per pay period
If you have received a wage garnishment notice or income withholding order and have questions about it, we highly recommend contacting the agency that sent you the notice or your accounting professional for more information.