Distribute 1099 forms to your contractors
Gusto is a paperless company, and therefore does not offer a service to print and mail 1099 forms. Below are several different methods on how you can distribute 1099s to your contractors. We highly recommend double-checking the information before distributing.
- Method 1: Enable your contractors online access to their Gusto accounts so that they can obtain their 1099 forms electronically. These forms will be available to them in mid-January.
- Method 2: Download individual 1099s, and distribute them to specific contractors:
- Click the People tab.
- Click the contractor's name.
- Under Contractor Forms, click 1099: Miscellaneous Income for the applicable year. This will be available for you in early January.
- Download this form and distribute the 1099 to your contractor.
- Click the Documents tab.
- Click 1099-MISC for the applicable year. This will be available for you in early January.
- Download, print, and distribute the 1099s to your contractors.