Print your checks
If you need to get paper checks to your employees, you can print them after you process payroll. Gusto supports printing on both customized, check on top paper, and blank, check on bottom paper.
Print checks as you run payroll
- After running a payroll, click Print Checks on the Write Checks screen.
- Choose your check type.
- Select Personalized with Check on Top if you have check stock pre-printed with your company and bank info with one check at the top of the page (this will need to be QuickBooks compatible, type DLT104).
- Select Blank with Check on Bottom if you have blank check stock with one check at the bottom of the page.
- Load your check stock into your printer.
- Click Prepare Checks to view the PDF that contains the check information.
- Print this PDF on your check stock. Deselect the option for Fit to Page or Scale to Page if it is selected by default to avoid printing issues.
- Sign the checks and deliver them to your employees with their paystubs.
Print checks from a previously run payroll
- Click the Reports tab.
- Hover over the payroll from which you need to print checks and click View Details.
- Click What your Employees Take Home to open more details.
- Click Print Checks in the lower right corner and follow the instructions to print the PDF on your check stock.