Run reports by department
Once you've organized your workers into departments, run a Payroll Journal, Benefits Report, Year-to-Date Report, or Contractors Report to see your information summarized by department. See this article for more information on these reports.
- Click the Reports tab
- Under the Summary Reports tab, choose one of the available reports.
- Select any additional detail you would like to include:
- Detailed employee info, employee earnings breakdown, employer tax breakdown, deductions and contributions, or detailed totals.
- Select the Date Range and Year.
- Annually, Quarterly, Monthly, or a Custom Date Range.
- Note: Range is based on check dates rather than pay periods or processing dates.
- Select what types of employees you’d like to include in the report.
- All, Hourly, Salaried, or Specific Employees.
- Select Pick Employees and add specific individuals to include in the report, then click Save & Continue.
- Select to Group By Department.
- You may also group by Employees or Work Location.
- Click Generate Report.
- Download the report as a CSV or PDF.