Fix double-counted reconciliation expenses in QuickBooks
If you have accidentally added an additional expense in attempt to reconcile the bank transactions, this most likely double-counted your payroll expenses (instead of $14,000, a total of $28,000 is now mistakingly reported). The below instructions walks through how to fix this in QuickBooks Online as an example.
- Log into your QuickBooks Online account.
- Click Transactions tab on the left.
- Select Banking subtab and select In Quickbooks subtab.
- View any Gusto bank transactions that had been previously added, and click Undo next to each one.
- Log into your Gusto account.
- Reconcile your transactions using journal entries. Check out this article to set this up.