Run payroll with multiple pay rates
If your employee is set up with multiple pay rates, follow these steps on how to enter each rate when running payroll.
Step 1. Enter regular hours
- Click the Run Payroll tab.
- Click Run Regular Payroll.
- Next to your hourly employee, you will see the total default hours for all job types.
- Click Enter Hours or the default TH (total hour) amount if you want to update the hours for a job type.
- Next to Regular Hours, enter the updated amount.
Step 2. Enter overtime hours
- Under the job type, click +Overtime.
- Next to Overtime (1.5x) or Double Overtime (2x), enter the overtime amount.
- Click Save.
- Click Save & Continue.
- The pay rate used for overtime depends on if you have a weekly pay schedule or if you have a non-weekly pay schedule.
Note: If you are using your own overtime calculation, you can calculate the overtime wage amount you want entered, and instead add this total as another Additional Earning. We also suggest adding a Personal Note to let the employee know what this extra amount is for.
Step 3. Enter paid time off hours
- Once you are on the Vacation & Sick Days screen, enter any paid time off hours for your employee.
- Click Submit payroll.
- Paid time off hours will use the first pay rate. If you'd like to use a different rate, you'll need to edit the first pay rate to the desired amount and adjust the additional pay rate(s) before running payroll again.