Report a past payroll
There may be times when you need to run a payroll with a check date in the past to appropriately report wages. If you've forgotten to report wages for an employee that was already paid, follow the below steps:
- Process an off-cycle payroll with the payment amount.
- Click the Check Date, and select the date in the past.
- If the check date was before the first day of the current quarter please contact firstname.lastname@example.org so we can assist.
- Update the Payment Method to Check.
- Finish running the correction payroll.
Please be cautious when selecting a check date too far in the past. You may receive a late payment penalty by the federal or state agencies if you've selected a check date that occurs outside of your tax deposit frequency.