Get started: Add bank account
We need your company bank account in order to debit for wages, taxes, and your monthly Gusto fee.
- Click the Get Started tab.
- Click Step 5: Add your bank account.
- Under Bank Account, click Edit.
- Enter your company’s routing number, account number, and bank account type.
- Click Save and Continue.
- If you're eligible for Instant Bank Verification (IBV), enter the username and password for your online bank account. Once you've entered your bank's login information, click Connect Securely Now.
If you do not want to use IBV:
- Click I'd rather verify manually and wait two days at the bottom of the screen.
- Gusto will make two small deposits into your bank account in 1–2 business days.
- Once you see these deposits, return to the Company Details tab and click Verify Now to enter the two amounts.
If your bank is not eligible for IBV, we'll automatically send the two test deposits. Follow the instructions above to enter the test amounts into Gusto.
What's next? Add your pay schedule to Gusto.
Questions and Answers
Q: What if I don’t get the test deposits?
A: Either the account information was entered incorrectly or the deposits were entered incorrectly in Gusto. If the verification doesn't work, you'll be emailed with a request to make changes to your account details for proper bank setup.
Q: Can I add multiple company bank accounts?
A: Currently you can only add one company bank account for all payments. This includes payments for taxes, payrolls, contractor payments, and invoices.
Q: What is Instant Bank Verification (IBV)?
A: IBV is an easy way to instantly connect your bank account to Gusto. We use the same technology that banks use to keep your account information safe so everything you provide is protected.