Switch your employee to a contractor

There may be a situation where your employee is switching to a contractor in the same calendar year. Since this worker will need a Form W-2 and Form 1099 at the end of the year, you'll want to make sure that they are properly entered into the account.

  1. Dismiss your employee in Gusto.
  2. Add this worker as a contractor.



Thanks so much for your feedback!

Did this article solve your problem?