Set up multiple pay schedules for existing customers
Once you've added both hourly and salaried employees to Gusto, you're ready to add another pay schedule. If you're an existing customer that has ran at least one payroll through Gusto, please do the following:
- Contact our Customer Care team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance in making this transition.
- Make sure to let us know the following:
- The two pay schedules you want to have for your company (weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly, or monthly)
- The pay day you want for the new pay schedule (example for a weekly schedule: every Friday)
- The pay period associated with your first pay date on the new schedule
- Which pay schedule will be used for salaried employees, and which pay schedule will be used for hourly employees
We'll help you configure your two pay schedules for the next payroll and calculate the appropriate pay for overlapping or missing dates during the transition.
Questions and Answers
Q: How many pay schedules can I have?
A: Currently, you are able to add up to 2 pay schedules in your Gusto account. One pay schedule is for your salaried employees and the other pay schedule is for your hourly employees.
Q: Can I set up multiple pay schedules for the same employee type?
A: Not at this time. A pay schedule can only be assigned to one employee type: all salaried employees or all hourly employees.