Register in Nevada
Nevada Tax Agency
- Nevada Department of Employment, Training & Rehabilitation (DETR) - unemployment tax
Set up an existing company
The Nevada DETR will issue you a Modified Business Tax account number. This number will be 9 digits.
Unemployment Tax Rate: The DETR will also issue you a SUI rate, that can be found on your "Notice of Employer's Contribution Rates." It ranges from 0.47%–6.29% with a wage base of $29,500.
Bond Factor Tax Rate: You can also find your Bond Factor tax rate in the Notice of Bond Factor that you received from the Employment Security Division at the beginning of the year.
If you're unsure of your account numbers or rates you should call the agency at (775) 687-4545.
Register a new company
- Register with the DETR online.
- Click on Create a new online user account.
- You will receive your SUTA Number instantly after registering online, or in 30 days if registering by mail.
- If this is the first time you've run payroll in Nevada, your new employer SUI rate will generally be 3.29%.
- The Nevada Bond Factor Tax is a new tax that was introduced at the start of 2014. For all new employers, your rate will be 0.29%.
If you are subject to Nevada Unemployment tax you are also subject to Modified Business Tax. The good news is that when you register for SUI you will also be automatically registered with the Nevada Department of Taxation for MBT. You will then receive your MBT account number with your "New Nevada Employer Welcome Package."