Add a company referral to your dashboard
You can add a company you referred to Gusto to your Partner Dashboard where you can keep track of your referral status. This option lets you add your clients to Gusto, but does not give you access to their payroll or reports. This option is mostly used by partners that do not want any access or involvement in their client's payroll.
- Click the Dashboard tab.
- Click +Add a new client.
- Select No, I am just referring this client to Gusto.
- Enter the company's legal name.
- Next to Client Full Name and Email, enter the name and email of the person who will be setting up the company's Gusto account.
- Enter the company's phone number.
- Enter the number of employees who work at this company.
- Click Send Referral.
You will see the company on your Partner Dashboard under the Referred Companies section. An email will automatically be sent to the client letting them know you have referred them. It will also invite them to join Gusto and set up their account through the email link.
You will receive a check for the referral bonus by the end of month after the end of the quarter during which the client ran their first payroll with Gusto. For example, for referred clients who have their first check date in Quarter 4 (October, November, December), you will receive your bonus by the end of January.