Workers' compensation with Gusto
Workers' compensation insurance protects and covers your business against injuries, death, and illness that could occur as a direct result of the work done while your employees are on the job.
Your workers' compensation premium is closely tied with your payroll—having access to both in your Gusto account will remove the headaches of working with them separately. AP Intego, our worker's compensation partner, uses your payroll information to calculate the premium amounts, make the necessary payments to carriers, and submits all the paperwork. Below are a few other advantages with signing up for workers' compensation with Gusto:
- Simple sign up through your Gusto account
- Instant online estimated quotes viewed through your Gusto account
- Finalize a policy with electronic signatures
- Pay-as-you-go payment method, where you pay exact amounts throughout the year based on actual payrolls run through Gusto
- Reduced audit bills by having payroll information sync directly to your insurance carrier
- Billing for both workers' compensation and payroll
- Email notifications reminding you of important dates and to-do items
- No additional fees for setting up workers' compensation through Gusto
Working with AP Intego
Gusto and AP Intego work together to deliver a fully integrated online workers' compensation solution. Find out more about AP Intego on their website.
When you set up workers' compensation insurance in Gusto, we collect various business, employee, and payment information. This information is securely shared with AP Intego, who works with insurance providers to get you the best quote and enroll you in a new policy without ever leaving Gusto.
After your workers' compensation policy is set up, Gusto sends your payroll information to AP Intego every time you run payroll. AP Intego uses the payroll amount to calculate the workers' compensation premium charge and facilitates the payment to the insurance providers on your behalf.