Assign a manager to your employees
After setting up paid time off requests, you can delegate PTO approvals to your employee's managers.
Step 1. Ensure the manager has an employee account
A user must have an employee Gusto account in order to be assigned as a manager.
- Add the manager as an employee if this is not already set up.
- Grant this employee account online access to Gusto if this is not already set up.
Step 2. Assign a manager to your employees
- Click the People tab.
- Click the name of the employee who you'd like to assign a manager.
- Navigate to the Job & Pay tab.
- Click Edit next to Employment Details section.
- Select the manager from the drop-down menu (shows the list of employees with Gusto access).
- Click Save.
Step 3. Notify your managers
- Notify your managers that they are able to approve time off requests for their team.
- Here's a sample message you can use to spread the word:
|Subject: Manage your team's PTO requests in Gusto|
|Great news! Now you can view, approve, and decline your team's vacation or sick time off requests within your Gusto account. Once your employee submits a time off request, you'll receive an email notification to review it. Log into Gusto to see all PTO requests filed by your team.|
Questions and Answers
Q: Will I still receive notifications for employee PTO requests?
A: If your employee is assigned to a manager, only the manager will receive an email notification and sticky note reminder when their employee requests time off. Payroll administrators will no longer receive these messages.
Q: Can I still view, approve, and decline employee time off requests?
A: You sure can. Managers can only view, approve, and decline time off requests from their assigned employees, but payroll administrators will have the ability to manage all employee PTO requests.