Benefits with Gusto
Once you have benefits with Gusto, there are a few things to keep in mind surrounding benefits management moving forward.
- Gusto does not make invoice payments on your behalf. Make sure to pay your health insurance invoices on time, directly to the carrier. You may find instructions about how to pay your invoice from our Help Center, but you can also find that information on the invoice itself.
- You’ll notice some changes to your benefits dashboard, which now provides you with detailed information about your team’s benefits—deduction amounts, employee and employer contributions, teammates enrolled and more!
- When you add & dismiss employees, we’ll take care of the benefits administration—enrollments, terminations, and payroll deductions. This means that when you dismiss your employee in Gusto, their benefits will be terminated and we'll send them a COBRA election notice 3 days after they're dismissed. An employee’s benefits generally terminate at the end of the month in which they're terminated, however this may vary by carrier.
- To make your employees eligible for benefits, mark them as Full-time so that we can administer enrollments through their employee accounts.
- ID cards will be sent directly to your employees from the health insurance carrier(s) and generally takes 5-7 business days after the benefits start date to arrive.
- When an employee needs to change their benefits in the middle of the year because they're going through a qualifying life event, instruct them to make those changes directly in their Gusto accounts.
- When it’s time to renew your benefits, we’ll reach out to you about 90 days prior to get started. Be on the lookout for an email from our Renewals team during that timeframe.
Gusto currently supports the following benefits in the following states:
|Supported Benefits||Supported States|
We're working on support for more benefits and states—stay tuned! Contact our Benefits Advising team if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about your Gusto benefits, reach out to our Benefits Care team at email@example.com.