Enroll in benefits
When you’re ready to enroll in your company’s benefits, log in to your Gusto employee account and follow these steps:
Step 1. Who’s Covered
- If you don’t have any dependents, click Save & Continue to bypass this step. If you do, click +Add dependent.
- Enter their information:
- Full Name
- Birth Date
- Social Security Number
Step 2. Choose Benefits
Each benefit offered to you will appear on this step. When you click Pick a Plan on the right side of each benefit, you’ll be presented with your plan options. There are a couple steps within each benefit type that will help us present you with plans that are the best fit based on your preferences.
- Tell us about your health needs and preferences.
- Select how much health care you need from the drop down menu. A description of each option will appear below the menu.
- If you have any doctor that you see regularly, click +Add a Doctor and enter your zip code and the doctor’s name. Select the doctor from the drop down menu and click Add Doctor to continue.
- Decide what is more important to you—flexibility or cost.
- Pick a medical plan.
- Verify the family members you’d like to include. Click edit to change the current settings.
- Select the plan from the options presented to you. There is a lot of educational information offered on this page so you can feel confident in your choice. Follow this guide below to learn more about your plan options:
- ?: Hover over the question marks for glossary definitions and more detailed descriptions of the words and numbers they appear beside.
- > See why: We’ve selected the best plan for you based on the preferences you selected in the last step. This drop down will explain what makes it your best option.
- ✓ or ∅ : We’ll let you know if your doctors are in-network with each plan. The green check mark indicates they are in-network and the red ∅ indicates they are out-of-network.
- Compare plans: This will provide a side-by-side comparison of each plan. Learn more about comparing plans here.
Step 3. Extra Information
We need to collect a few more pieces of information so we can automatically prepare your enrollment forms to send directly to the health insurance carrier(s). When you've finished answering these questions, click Save & Continue.
Step 4. Sign Forms
Sign each enrollment form or waiver on the last step, then click Confirm Enrollment.
Questions & Answers
Q: When does my coverage start?
A: Your effective date will appear in the Benefits tab. Login to your Gusto account to take a look.
Q: When will I get my ID cards?
A: ID cards will come directly from the carrier. If you're missing your ID cards or you'd like to order duplicates, reach out the member services department of your health insurance carrier.
Q: I've changed my mind and I want to enroll in a different plan. What should I do?
A: If you are still within the deadline to make changes, reach out to email@example.com and we can open up your enrollment so that you can make changes. If you've passed the deadline, then your application has already been submitted and you'll need to wait until your company's annual open enrollment.
Note: This is relevant to companies whose benefits are managed by Gusto. Estimated costs based on your responses are for illustrative purposes only and should not be relied upon. Actual costs will vary. While we try to keep doctor and provider information updated, it changes often, and it is your responsibility to verify that a provider is actually included in the plan or network you have chosen and provides the services you are seeking.