Customer Identification Program (CIP)
CIP testing is required for all people who enroll in a Health Savings Account (HSA). The bank that administers the HSA will run the test to verify the identity of the enrollee. Usually this happens behind the scenes without issue, but occasionally outdated or missing information will cause the bank to reach out for more information.
When you have an HSA with Gusto, our banking partner Avidia will email you to request this additional information. This can include a wide range of documents—like birth certificates, social security cards, and/or more—so they can verify your identify and finish setting up your account.
If Avidia needs more information, follow these steps to make sure that your HSA can be set up:
- Print the email from Avidia—you'll need to include this when you send the rest of the paperwork.
- Make copies of the requested documents.
- Mail everything together using this mailing address:
- Avidia Bank, PO Box 161390, Altamonte Springs, FL 32716
- (optional) If you prefer to fax this info, use this fax number: (844) 560-6760.
- If you have any additional questions, call Avidia Bank directly at (855) 472-9399.
Note: Gusto can't submit these documents on your behalf so it's important that you work directly with Avidia to complete this last step. Gusto will not begin deductions for your HSA until the CIP testing is complete.