How can we help?

Employment eligibility documents

The type of documentation needed to prove employment eligibility depends on the employee's status in the United States. 

  • A citizen of the United States: A citizen is someone who was born in the United States or is a naturalized citizen living in the United States.
  • A lawful permanent resident: A lawful permanent resident is someone who is not a United States citizen and who resides under legally recognized and lawfully recorded permanent residence as an immigrant.
  • An alien authorized to work: This includes anyone who is authorized to work in the United States but is not a United States citizen, United States national, or lawful permanent resident.
  • A noncitizen national of the United States: A noncitizen national is someone born in American Samoa, certain former citizens of the former Trust Territory of the Pacific Islands, and certain children of noncitizen nationals born abroad.

For more information on these requirements, check out the official I-9 form on the government website. 

Payroll, benefits, HR and more.