How can we help?

New company registration in Delaware

Delaware tax agencies

  • Delaware Division of Revenue - income tax withholding
  • Delaware Department of Labor - unemployment tax
  • Wilmington Account Number (where applicable) - local taxes

Register a new company

Register with the Delaware Division of Revenue to obtain your withholding account number and UC Employer account number. Click on the link at the bottom of the page that says Initial Registration and New LicensePlease keep the registration time frame in mind when planning your first Delaware payroll. If you have any questions about the application, call the agency at (302) 577-8779.

The new employer unemployment tax rate is generally 1.6%, or 2.5%-8.1% for construction companies. If you’re unsure, verify your rate by calling the agency at (302) 761-8484.

City of Wilmington tax


The Wilmington Account Number is a unique account number that businesses operating within Wilmington need to have in order to file the City's Earned Income Tax and Head Tax.

New employers in the City of Wilmington will need to register with the city by completing this form and mailing it to the address on the form to receive your Wilmington Account Number. You should receive your number in 5-10 business day when registering by mail, or same day when registering in person.

If you already have or believe you already have the Wilmington Account Number, you can call the agency at (302) 576-2415 to obtain it. If your business has an older 6 digit number, you can add two zeros at the beginning to input it into your Gusto account.