How can we help?

Find your North Carolina tax account info

Set up an existing company

Income tax withholding

If you've run payroll in North Carolina previously and are unsure of your Department of Revenue Account ID or filing frequency, you can call the DOR at (877) 252-3052. This information can also be located on your coupon booklets from the agency. The forms will be preprinted with the correct Account ID and filing frequency. If the booklet contains a quarterly Withholding Return, (Form NC-5) then you have a quarterly frequency (most common for newer employers). If the booklet contains monthly Withholding Returns (Form NC-5) then you are on a monthly schedule. If the booklet contains Form NC-5P, Withholding Payment Voucher and a Form NC-5Q, North Carolina Quarterly Income Tax Withholding Return then you are a semi-weekly depositor. 

Unemployment tax

If you've run payroll in North Carolina in the past, you can find your Employment Security Account Number and SUI rate on the Unemployment Tax Rate Assignment (Form NCUI 104) you should have received from the DES. If you're unsure of your info, you should call the agency at (919) 707-1170. 

Click here to view state-by-state UI rates and wage bases.

Payroll, benefits, HR and more.