How can we help?

Find your Rhode Island tax account info

Set up an existing company

Income tax withholding 

Your withholding account number is the same as your FEIN.

Unemployment tax

Businesses that have run payroll in Rhode Island before can find their Employer Account Number on the Quarterly Wage Report (Form TX-17) or other notices received from the Rhode Island Division of Taxation. If you are unsure, you should call the agency at (401) 574-8829 for withholding tax registration questions or (401) 574-8700 for unemployment tax questions.

Unemployment experience rate

Your Rhode Island Experience Rate (tax rate) will appear on the Notice of Tax Rate that you receive from the Rhode Island Division of Taxation. Please do not include your Job Development Assessment (JDA) rate when adding your experience rate to Gusto.

Click here to view state-by-state UI rates and wage bases.

Payroll, benefits, HR and more.