How can we help?

Find your South Dakota tax account info

Set up an existing company

Unemployment tax

If you've run payroll in the state previously, you can find your SUTA Account Number and tax rate on notices received from the South Dakota Department of Labor UI Division, such as the Contribution and Investment Fee Rate Notice or the Employer’s Unemployment Insurance (UI) Quarterly Report (Form 21). You can also call the agency at (605) 626-2312 to obtain your Account Number and tax rate.

Unemployment tax rate

The rate typically ranges from 0%–9.35%. Employers are also assessed an Investment Fee ranging from 0%-0.53%. If you're unsure of your rate you should call the agency at (605) 626-2312.