How can we help?

Find your Wisconsin tax account info

Income tax withholding

If you've run payroll in Wisconsin previously, you can find your Withholding Account Number on the form WT-6 withholding coupon or on the welcome letter labelled "Filing Number" sent by the WI DOR. 

If you've misplaced this letter, follow these steps to locate your number: 

  1. Go to the agency website.
  2. Navigate to the QuickLinks tab.
  3. Under Business Taxes, click on Search Account Number/Filing Frequency.
  4. Select "Withholding Tax" in the first dropdown.
  5. Select "Federal Employer ID Number" under ID Type.
  6. Enter your Federal Employer Identification Number in the ID field.
  7. Enter your business name.
  8. Enter your zip code of the address you used to register in Wisconsin.
  9. Click Next

The agency will provide you your assigned Wisconsin Account number that you can enter as your Tax Account Number for Wisconsin in Gusto (under State Tax Settings). You can also give the agency a call at (608) 266-2776.

Unemployment tax

You can find your Employer UI Account Number on the latest tax rate notice or Quarterly Wage Report (Form UCT-101) sent to you by the WI DWD. You can also call the agency at (608) 261-6700. 

Unemployment tax rate

Business that have previously run payroll in WI can find their Unemployment Insurance Tax Rate on your most recent tax notice from the DWD. Click here to view state-by-state UI rates and wage bases. Please only enter in the total rate, if you're unsure of your rate you can call the agency at (608) 261-6700.

Payroll, benefits, HR and more.