Gusto users can sometimes have more than one profile associated with a single email address—like employee accounts, contractor accounts and administrator accounts— and can also have one email address associated with multiple companies.
If you can't find a certain tab or are having issues navigating your account, you may need to switch between your accounts.
- Use your Employee account to view your personal paystubs, manage your personal info, enroll yourself in benefits, and more.
- Admins must give you access to Gusto before you can view your account—check your email inbox for a Gusto welcome email, or reach out to your employer to see if they've added your email address to your profile.
- If you're granted access, use your Admin account to perform any company-level functions that you have permissions for, like running payroll or generating reports about your team.
Switch between account types
If you use the same email address to sign in to multiple Gusto profiles or account types, follow the below steps to switch between them. If you use a different email address to sign in to your other accounts, sign out then sign back in with your other credentials.
- Sign in to your Gusto account.
- Click your profile name that appears in the upper-right corner.
- Click Switch Company or Switch to employee profile.
- If you don't see this option and have another Gusto account, it was likely set up under a different email address. Reach out to the employer of the profile you can't find to have them update your email address so you can toggle between accounts using a single login.
- If for any reason the admin is unable to change your personal email to the one desired, have them contact us from the Help or Priority support section of their account so we can assist with merging your accounts.
- If you don't see an account that you're looking for in the dropdown, the company may have a different email address associated with your account. If this is the case, reach out to the admin of that company to verify.
- Select your desired profile or account.
Change your personal email to switch between accounts more easily
If you currently use different email addresses for different accounts but you want to switch between profiles more easily, change your personal email on the account(s) so they match.
If for any reason you're unable to change your personal email, and want more than one Gusto account associated with the same email address, contact us from the Help or Priority support section of your account—we can help merge your accounts.