Washington registration and tax info

Before you can pay employees, make sure you've registered for payroll in their applicable work state. This can sometimes take several weeks—the sooner you start the process, the sooner you'll have the tax account info required to pay them. Learn more about paying your first employee in a new state by watching this quick tutorial

Gusto partners with CorpNet to help you register in the state—learn more below.

Corporations in WA must report all corporate officers who are not covered by unemployment insurance (exempt) and their in-state taxable wages in the quarterly reports that are filed for unemployment insurance—learn more below.

Click Register with WA agencies on your own or Find account numbers and rate info (if you're already registered) to learn more about:

Payroll blocked?

Check out our payroll blocked troubleshooting tips article.

Need to close or reopen a tax account? Head to our article on closing and reopening a state or local tax account